function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RongzhongHuangRongzhongHuang 

How do I know what version of Salesforce we are using

Hi guys,

I am not sure if this question is stupid or not. I was wondering how we know which version of Salesforce we are using. Is there any way that we can know the version of Salesforce? (i.e. Sping 09 or winter 10) 

Any answer would be helpful.

Thanks.

werewolfwerewolf

You're on the latest version!

Everybody's on the latest version of Salesforce.com -- at the moment that's Summer '09, but soon it'll be Winter '10.  No one's ever on an old version of Salesforce.com because Salesforce.com is multitenant, that is everybody shares the same servers, so when those servers are upgraded, everybody's upgraded.

The only exception is right in the middle of an upgrade.  Salesforce.com rolls out its upgrades by instance.  If you're on NA5, for example, then your upgrade might not happen until October 9, whereas somebody on NA1 might be rolled out on 10/2.  So for that week you'll still be on Summer '09 and that other guy is on Winter '10.  But that's only temporary, and you'll be up to date shortly thereafter.

CaptainObviousCaptainObvious
The Salesforce logo is a pretty good indicator. Currently, there is a sailboat with a 9 (Summer '09). Pretty soon, it will be replaced with a Snowman holding a '10' (Winter '10).
swati.thorat@ymail.comswati.thorat@ymail.com

It is very ineteresting information.