function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gilbert8109gilbert8109 

change close date on opportunities created from converted prospects

Hi:

When we convert Prospects into Opportunities in Salesforce, the Opportunity record is automatically assigned a close date of the end of the current fiscal quarter.  I found this is true by reading the Help section in Salesforce on opps created from converted leads.

I can see no way of changing this close date for opps created from converted prospects.  What I want is for the opportunity created from a converted prospect to have a Close Date of Today + 30 days AND NOT the date of the end of the current fiscal quarter.  How can I change the Close Date on Opportunity records that are created when a Prospect is converted into an opportunity? 

This seems like it should be a really easy thing to do but I can find no way of doing it.

Thanks!

ron_reedron_reed

I haven't tested this out but this should work - First, you'll want to create a checkbox field on the lead object, let's call it IsLead with a default value of checked.  Then create a checkbox field on the opportunity object and call it CreatedFromLead with a default value of unchecked.  Map the lead field to the opportunity field.  When a lead gets converted to an opportunity, then that field will be checked.  If an opportunity is created not from a lead convert, it will be unchecked.

Then, create a workflow rule that says if the CreatedFromLead field is checked, do a field update and update the close date to Today + 30 days.

Make sense?

ApulidoApulido

Brilliant! Thanks for this. I just created this and it worked.

I set the workflow condition to : only when a record is created. 

Bo ThompsonBo Thompson
Any way to do this in Professional Edition? (No Workflow Rules)
gabriel hernandezgabriel hernandez
hello all, I wm trying to implement this solution, because when converting from Leads to Opportunity, I receive a message that closedate is missing, but when trying to activate the workflow, it sends an error. This is after I asign a work flow user: 
An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!