function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mikeb66Mikeb66 

Formula Help

I need to add another condition to the formula below but I get the following error:

Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (6,082 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters

I want to add the following line:

IF ( AND( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Renewal"),ISPICKVAL ( Product_Line__c, "Harmony License")), 1, 0), (( Days_left_in_FY__c - 30) / 365),

**Note that this entry and the highlighted entry below are exactly the same with the exception of the "Type " picklist value. I assume that you can do this with an OR, but every attempt that I tried failed.

CASE (1,
IF ( AND( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Harmony License"),ISPICKVAL ( Product_Line__c, "Harmony License")), 1, 0), (( Days_left_in_FY__c - 30) / 365),
IF ( AND( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Hosting"),ISPICKVAL ( Product_Line__c, "TRM Hosting Service")), 1, 0), (( Days_left_in_FY__c
- 30) / 365),
IF ( AND( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "TRM License and Maintenance"),ISPICKVAL ( Product_Line__c, "TRM License and Maintenance")), (( Days_left_in_FY__c - 30) / 365), 0),1,
IF ( AND( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Hosting"),ISPICKVAL ( Product_Line__c, "TRM Hosting H/W, S/W")), 1, 0), (( Days_left_in_FY__c - 30) / 365),
)

Richie DRichie D

Hi,

The fact that you can now access picklist values directly might help. So...

CASE (1, IF ( AND( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Harmony License&quot,ISPICKVAL ( Product_Line__c, "Harmony License&quot), 1, 0), (( Days_left_in_FY__c - 30) / 365), ...now becomes something like:-

CASE (1,

IF ( AND( text(Type)= "Harmony License" , text( Product_Line__c) = "Harmony License"), 1, 0), (( Days_left_in_FY__c - 30) / 365), ... 

Probably some other things you could try as well...

maybe:-

IF ( text(Type)= "Harmony License" = text(Product_Line__c), 1, 0), (( Days_left_in_FY__c - 30) / 365), ...

Hope this helps

R.