function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mr. WMr. W 

Hierachy Issue

Can someone please help?  I am almost certain Hierachies in SalesForce do not work as they are specified.  

Sharing Settings Organization Wide Defaults 

Lead = Private

Account = Private

Opportunity = Private

Sharing Rules on all Objects:  NONE!

Admin

L Head of Finance

L Direct Account Rep

L Operations

L Head of Sales

L  Sales Manager

L  View Only Sales Rep

Issues:

1.)  View Only Sales Rep can see a records owned even by the ADMIN.  

I Want the "View Only Sales Rep" not to be able to see anything.  And then I will add him specifically to certain Sales Manager Default Account and Opportunity Team to allow him to view only those records.  

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jia HuJia Hu
Check your profile or permission set, have you given this 'Only Sales Rep' View All' or 'Modify All' permission on this object?

If use has this Object Permission, it will by pass the sharing role on this object.

All Answers

Jia HuJia Hu
Check your profile or permission set, have you given this 'Only Sales Rep' View All' or 'Modify All' permission on this object?

If use has this Object Permission, it will by pass the sharing role on this object.
This was selected as the best answer
Cloud CredenceCloud Credence

Hi,

I simulated ur case in a brand new developer box, it works as per the documentation i.e "View Only Sales Rep" gets to see only the Accounts or other records that are assigned to him through Account Team or other sharing rules. "View Only Sales Rep" does not see anything else.

So, in ur org, some sharing is given to this profile, either at Profile Level Setting(like View All Data) or through Permission sets, or through some sharing settings. Please verify.

Thanks

Hengky IlawanHengky Ilawan

Hi,

Usually what I do to trace a permission issue is to click on the "Sharing" button on the particular record to see why a user have the access when he/she is not supposed to have.

-Hengky-

Mr. WMr. W

WHOMP!  Thank you.  I had gotten so wrapped up in roles and sharing rules that I had forgot to go back to square one.   Works great.   I actually realized this after I had posted it and wanted to delete the question before anyone responded.  But we should leave it up for the record.  Thanks again! 

Mr. WMr. W

I do not see the sharing button but have read that before.  How do I access it?  Do I just need to add it to the page layout?  Thanks that would be most helpful!