function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ritesh__Ritesh__ 

How to Deploy an existing project in Force.com

i am using eclipse IDE i am provided with an src folder which contains code i have to save this code into my development org. How i am trying to approach this 1.first i created a Force.com project

2.then i copy given src(Ctrl+c) folder and paste(Ctrl+v) in to my project in eclipse

3. i added metadata components by right clicking on project Force.com >Add/remove metadata components

4.then i right click on my project Force.com >Deploy to server

i am getting failure error

Deploy Results:

File Name: applications/Rule.app Full Name: Rule Action: NO ACTION Result: FAILED Problem: In field: tab - no CustomTab named Rule__c found

File Name: objects/RuleAction_c.object Full Name: RuleAction_c Action: NO ACTION Result: FAILED Problem: manageruleactions does not exist or is not a valid override for action Edit.

File Name: pages/ManageRuleActions.page Full Name: ManageRuleActions Action: NO ACTION Result: FAILED Problem: Invalid field Notify_User_c for SObject RuleAction_c

can any one please tell a suitable path how to save the whole src folder code in development org

Rakesh BoddepalliRakesh Boddepalli

Try using the Force.com Ant deploy tool , prepare the package.xml file and deploy it.

You should be able to deploy it.

emviousemvious

Before you deploy I would suggest you turn off 'Build Automatically' option under the 'Project' menu.  This will prevent the Force.com IDE plugin from trying to automatically deploy metadata to your org after you add files into your project or when you save modifications to your metadat files.

I usually use the option 'Save to Server' to deploy apply the metadata file from my force.com project to the org associated with it.

If you right-click on your src folder there should be an option for 'Force.com->Save to Server'.