function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tekane4tekane4 

Code coverage (for our own organization/Force acc)

Hey!

Currently Iam using trial account so Iam unsure is there are any differences when you buy Force.com for 50$/user.

I know that the code coverage should be more then 75% if I would like to use automatic deployment to other organisations.

But what if me myself manage our Force.com and create new apex classes and triggers, which will have less then 75% coverage. Will our company users be able to use that classes and triggers if I create them in our application? 

Thanks for your explanation.

Best regards.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JayDP123JayDP123

I think in your trial version you can create your own code, but in an actual production org you cannot create apex code.

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/General-Development/Can-I-Create-an-Apex-Class-in-An-Enterprise-Edition-Org/td-p/125869

All Answers

rohitrrohitr

Surely u need to have your organisation's code coverage above 75% for deployment

tekane4tekane4

Are you sure that I need more then 75% coverage to use this APEX classes if I code in production mode? Iam asking this because I dont see any option to Deploy class or trigger...

How do you do that?

JayDP123JayDP123

I think in your trial version you can create your own code, but in an actual production org you cannot create apex code.

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/General-Development/Can-I-Create-an-Apex-Class-in-An-Enterprise-Edition-Org/td-p/125869

This was selected as the best answer
tekane4tekane4

Thanks for your anwser! I hate that Trial vs. Real production differences... 

So if I have a free Developer account, and I connect my production account with it, I could deploy from DEV one to Procution one. But in this case I will have to look for at least 75% of Code coverage of all APEX classes.

Have I understod it correctly?

JayDP123JayDP123

Sounds about right. Nobody likes writing test code. But it's alot better than getting fired because you ruined your entire company's database :D 

tekane4tekane4

True! :)