function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
devrequirementdevrequirement 

Batch export and import from Data Loader

Hi All.

In our organization we have a Task object consisting of 8 million records. Our ultimate task is to change the Last Modified Date(After opening up the field from SFDC support) in activities of the millions of records that were initially imported to SFDC from the previous system. Now, I cannot even do a query to get the exact number of records we're trying to export/import because it always times out.

The only criteria we have is OldSystem_Action_Id ! = null which separates the records originated in the old system.

I was thinking if we could utilize the batch functionality to break down the processes through the Apex Data Loader. If so, are you aware of any step by step procedures on how I can utilize this methodology. Also, will it be possible to extract the millions of records in separate files?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

rohitrrohitr

You can try some of the following.

1. Split up the records based on some field combinations and upload using bulk api enabled.

2. Use Dataloader from CLIQ

Alternatively, try other dataloaders. One like Jitterbit Data Loader.

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016ZoVEAU

Please let me know if any of these helps.

devrequirementdevrequirement

Rohit,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Initially we must export the records from Salesforce where we definitely can using jitterbit.

However, the query still returns 2.78 millon records of which the last modified date has to be changed. Is there a way to break this massive csv file into 3 or more seperate xls or csv file manually, using Jitterbit, or any other tool.

JayDP123JayDP123

We use DemandTools for our bulk processing, can't you limit your exports by other fields like Created/Lastmodified Date or Owner(s), and do seperate exports to limit the file size? It's more manual and time-consuming but will give you smaller files no?