function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GarrettzGarrettz 

Duplicating list views and unresolvable field

I am working to deploy some changes to our metadata - including profile changes. When I go to deploy the only error I'm getting is

File Name:    objects/Idea.object
   Full Name:  Idea.Ideas_Last_7_Days
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: Could not resolve list view column: IDEA.IDEA_THEME

I've tried removing the column, however in the Salesforce UI I am not seeing it. In the IDE, I am.

I've deleted just that column. but a little bit after saving a replica of the standard view appears with the column in it. This creates an issue because of duplicate views as well.

I've tried deleting the entire view, but the same issue occurs - a replica view is added back to the metadata.

This is the one error I'm getting. Anyone know why it's throwing this error, even the server I'm deploying to has this list with the column? Is there any fix here?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
GarrettzGarrettz

I ended up modifying the view in the Salesforce UI; I just removed some of the columns that were in there, then I refreshed my IDE. For some reason that worked.

All Answers

GarrettzGarrettz

I ended up modifying the view in the Salesforce UI; I just removed some of the columns that were in there, then I refreshed my IDE. For some reason that worked.

This was selected as the best answer
Kelly KKelly K

I was having a similar issue. 

Essentially I was deploying a new object from one sandbox to another sandbox. These were the two errors I got:

sObject.All : Could not resolve list view column: OWNER.ALIAS
sObject : customTabListAdditionalFields OWNER.ALIAS not found

The OWNER.ALIAS wasn't explicitly listed as a column nor was it a field/relational lookup for that object. If I viewed the source code for the object  I found two sections in particular that included that field.

<listViews>
    <columns>OWNER.ALIAS</columns>
</listViews>

<searchLayouts>
    <customTabListAdditionalFields>OWNER.ALIAS</customTabListAdditionalFields>
</searchLayouts>

Not sure how how the OWNER.ALIAS element got into the metadata, but I deleted those two line elements in eclipse and then applied the project to the server. Afterwards the deploy was a sucess.