function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JesseAJesseA 

Approval Process - Has anybody gotten around record locking?

The last time I looked into using the build in approval process the automatic locking proved to be annoying but still usable. I'm now trying to implement an approval process that is really not dependent on the data in the master record. The process is being built for an opportunity, but all the information used to accept or reject would not really be in that opportunity so the locking is now actually just pointless in this scenario. 

Has anybody had success with appexchange apps that have a custom built approval process or maybe have built there own? 

Also if a non Administrator user has Modify All Data, does that preculde them from being unable to edit locked records?

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

I am not getting the question but as if you do not want to lock your record to be locked then you may simply change setting for this 

in your approval process by clicking edit link.

In 

Final Approval Actions
Final Rejection Actions

JesseAJesseA

Sorry, was speaking specifically about locking of record after Initial Submission. 

I guess my question is what have people done/used to get around this? Are there any appexchange apps that create a new approval process that does not lock a record?