function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ravi1234.ax1565ravi1234.ax1565 

lead parent record in opportunity

Hi community,

I have a parent object for lead object. If i convert a Lead , the record moves to opportunity. But we cant see the parent record of lead in opportunity . 

My requirement is i wanna see the record of lead with assocoiated parent in opportunity record detail page how can i achieve this. pls guide me to right way to achieve this.

Thanks for giving reply(in advance)

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

firslty I could not understand what do you mean by parent here. by the way when you convert lead in to opportuntity then automatically it's will be coming under Account here Account work likes parent of opportunity so please let me know exact meaning of parent here I can reexaplain

ravi1234.ax1565ravi1234.ax1565

Thanks for giving reply Sandeep,

I havce a custom object "Candidate", have a look up relation with "lead". "Candidate" is parent and "Lead" is a child. When a lead is converted the record moves to "Opportunity" . But in "Opportunity" we cant see "Candidate" details associsted to "Lead". But i wanna see the "Candidate" details in "Opportunity" record(Converted lead record) detail page.

how can i achieve this . pls guide me to a right way.

Thanks for giving reply(in advance)

Avidev9Avidev9
Because opportunity and Candidate are not related. You need to have a relation between the two, And I guess you need to populate the same using trigger
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

The reason is when we covert Lead in to opportunity then some fields get copied to opportuntiy but these are some specific fields only so we need to write a logic to copy fields like lookup of Candidate object in to oppotunity record using trigger code.