function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hcri50hcri50 

Help for BlackList IP address

I have a certain known IP address that I need to block, 

All I can find is how to WhiteLIst a IP

The reason for blocking a certain IP is that I needed to give access to my login for a certain IT Group to review my application.

So, I shared my username and password. Now that the application got approved, I would need to have his IP Blocked.

Can someone please provide me the information on where I can find this information.

Robert

Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran

Hi Robert,

You can achieve this in the same way as you whitelist the IP address just remove those white listed Ip address from Setup > Security controls > Network Setup you just need to delete those whitelisted IP address and it will automatically block those IP address to access your application.

If this post helps you then hit kudus by clicking on star and accept my post as a solution to your question.

hcri50hcri50

So, if I understand you, 

I go ahead and add the iP address to the whitelist. 

Edit | Del98.202.187.7

and then I would Delete the IP address???

Now, I did not add his IP address to the WhiteList the first time.

What I should have done is find out what his IP address is   and then give him my username and password, to grant him access to the program. 

Once he is satisfied. I would then delete his IP address from the WhiteList. 

Now this will work ? 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY on this issue. I am deepfully grateful 

Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran

Does it solves your problem if yes then accept my previous post as a solution to your Question and hit some Kuuds, so that it will be available as a solution for others regarding same type of problems.