function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mahi68mahi68 

Filter criteria limitation ?

Hi,

I installed my base org package in trial org. I couldn't able to change the filer criteria in trial org because this field is in the package this problem is facing for every client. I did resolved this problem earlier by creating a new field but here is the problem is if I am creating a new field the total fictionally I should change. Is there any other to do this.

Any help is highly appreciated 

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Mahi68, 

Please explain a little more as did not quite understand which filter criteria you are unable to change and If the Field is in the Package has it not Installed along with the package?

If you have to change the package that users have alreday Installed then it must be Upgraded. 

Regards,

Ashish

mahi68mahi68

Sorry,  sure I all tell you clearly.

We developed one app and doing customization for each client. In the managed package some of custom object fields having the lookup filer criteria like Contact should belongs to account and Location should be source location like.

when we are doing customization for each client  some clients are asking to change the filer criteria and  some other clients are asking to remove the filer criteria based on their requirement but we couldn't able to change or remove the filter criteria in the trial org(here we installed package) every time going and changing in the main org and installing in the trial org or client production org  it won't be good.

if we change in the trail org or production org that's really cool feature but we can change because those fields are in the package.

is there any other option to do this . I hope you understand. 

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Mahi, 

I would suggest you to create the Filter in such a way that the Criteria can be Customized by the End Users itself via a Visualforce page where User can themselves Select from the Drop downs (IF Needed). 

And then Remove the Previous Criteria from teh Existing Package and Upgrade the managed package with this new functionality. 

I am assuming that I understood your requirement, hope this works in your scenario. 

Regards,

Ashish

asawantasawant

This is a known limitation in managed lookup filters at the moment. Check the ISV Force Guide. Lookup Filters are not subscriber editable as of today.

Vote for this Idea on IdeaExchange: Lookup Filter on Packaged Fields

Thanks,

Anand

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

I would suggest you remove filter criteria and provide support to add it externally after installing package ( as post installation activity) as per client's requirement.

mahi68mahi68

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your quick response, we can't create add the filter criteria for the packaged field. I don't why salesforce is not allowing to  change lookup criteria at least label names of the fields. I am really suffering a lot.

mahi68mahi68

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your quick response, we can't create add the filter criteria for the packaged field. I don't why salesforce is not allowing to  change lookup criteria at least label names of the fields. I am really suffering a lot.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

You can change labels of field of managed package for this you can go to translate option in setup section. you can easily navigate

1. From Setup, click Translation Workbench | Translation Settings.
  2. On the welcome page, click Enable.
  3. then go to override option and then select package name and then object name and field name and then change label name thorugh inline editing.