function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sagar PawarSagar Pawar 

How to inactivate user through Eclipse IDE

Hi,

We are unable to inactivate user from salesforce as email alerts are firing. Unable to fix which email alert is firing.

How to inactivate a user from Eclipse IDE.

Thanks,

Sagar

Avidev9Avidev9
I am not sure what do you mean by "Email Alerts Firing" and how that is preventing you to deactivate the user ?

If you are unable to deactivate the same from UI, I dont think you can do the same from the API/Eclipse
Sagar PawarSagar Pawar

Hi,

Thanks for your earliest reply.

When we try to inactivate a user from Salesforce UI, it is throwing mesaage - this user is being used in email alerts. We also checked all email alerts but we did not find his email id presented over there.

Finally, we want to inactivate that user forcibly through Eclipse IDE.

Thanks,

Sagar

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

if this message is coming up then definitely it is being used. Please check it once again.

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC

There is surely an Email alert to which this user is associated. 

For an easy fix, you can download the metadata of all the workflows in your org through the force.com IDE. Once you have the files you can do a normal search through these files to see the email alert to which the username is associated.

Once you know the email alert, you can simply open that email alert in salesforce and remove the user from the receipients.

Alternatively you can also do the same in the IDE by replacing the username and saving the file.

I am sure this would help. We had a lot of such issues and could easily resolve them using the IDE.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.