function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VairavVairav 

Editalbe field in approve/reject link page

Hi,

Need help for my requirement.

My req is: I need to have "Reason for Rejection" picklist editable when the approver clicks on approve/reject link which is available in the Approval History related list. i should make the picklist editable,so that the approver can select the reason for rejection when he/she rejects.

i have been told to customize Approve/Reject page. But, how can i tag my Custom VF page.  can we override Approve/Reject link . please advise

I read somewhere, i  need to customize the whow approval process since Approve/Reject link can not be overridden.

Please need someone's help.

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hey Vairav,

Unfortunately, ikts true that overriding the Approve/Reject lin k would not be possible and you would have to design a custom approval process.

While searching for a solution I found the following link, worth giving a read to see if that can fulfil your requirement:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10779714/how-can-we-overide-an-approve-button-in-approval-related-list

This guy used a trigger to customize the approval process.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

One thing you need to clear that overriding  this list by custom VF page is very lengthy task as you need to handle many thing like 

Visibility Approve/Reject link  as per approval process.

new wizard where you need to show reason picklist.

but yes it is possible

VairavVairav

HI Sandep,

What u meant to say is we have to completely mimic/customize all the functionalities(Submit For Approval button, Recall Approval process button, Reassign link, Approval/Reject link ) in Approval process.  Please tell me if i am correct

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Yes because we can not directly override Submit for approval button or Approve /Reject link