function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TechnosTechnos 

How can we take the backup of one SalesForce account and Restore it to another account

Hi all,

I know that we can deploy all our data from SandBox to production account,But my requirment to deploy all my salesforce development  application like object, records, fields to another salesforce account. Suppose I have two different sales force account  of different orginization (I am not talking about production and sandbox) and I developed all my application to one account and want to deploy all the stuff to another one. Is it possible means any way so that we can do it ??

Thanks in advance !!

Regards
Raman

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC

Yes,If  you would like to migrate the metadata (object and fields) to another salesforce org, you can use either the Force.com IDE or the Force.com Migration Tool.

Once the metadata is migrated, you can then use the Dataloader to export all the data from your current org and then import it into the new org.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Satish Kumar

Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.

All Answers

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Hi Rman ,

Are you taking about deploy data from one sandbox to another? 

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC

Yes,If  you would like to migrate the metadata (object and fields) to another salesforce org, you can use either the Force.com IDE or the Force.com Migration Tool.

Once the metadata is migrated, you can then use the Dataloader to export all the data from your current org and then import it into the new org.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Satish Kumar

Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.

This was selected as the best answer
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC

Links for further information:

Force.com IDE:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE

Force.com Migration Tool:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Migration_Tool_Guide

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Satish Kumar

TechnosTechnos

Actually Sandeep ,  My requirement is like suppose I have developed one application into my  orginization SalesForce account (Sandbox or production does not matter). Now the same thing I want to deploy to another orginization SalesForce account means I don't want to write all the code, relation formula to that account again and again,, Now you got it  ??? I guess SalesForce to Salesforce connection solve my pbm,, What you say ????

FYI I have VF pages and Classes also that also I want to deploy to another account ??

Thanks in advance

Raman

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Salesforce to Salesforce Connection would copy over data from one salesforce account to another salesforce account and only the data which is published in the parent org can be seen in the connected org.

In your case, i understand that you would like to migrate the configuration and the application as a whole. Like a copy of the app from one salesforce org to another org. So, you would have to first retrieve the metadata (the objects, code etc) and then deploy it to any other org.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
TechnosTechnos

Ya Exactly Satish You got my point.  can you please tell me how to do this ,, means I don't want to write all the and  Apex code VF page again and again for the different org,,  Means My  requierment is something I developed one project of helthcare on SalesForce now for different clients no need develop the same on their orginization SF account again and again,, you r getting me na ?????

Can you please suggest me how to do that ???

Thanks in advance

Raman

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Yes, i get your point.

Force.com IDE is a plugin on top of the Eclipse IDE. You can install eclipse and then install the Force.com IDE plugin.

using the IDE, you would then retrieve all the objects, code, VF pages etc from the source org. This is metadata and would be in the form of xml files.

Once the metadata files are retrieved to your own local computer, you can then deploy the same to the destination org. This also would be done through the Force.com IDE.

Instructions on installation and usage are in the following link.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation

Regards,
Satish Kumar
TechnosTechnos

Ya that I have alraedy done, Can you please tell me where I can I get the step by ste process of this requirment. One more thing I will get all the custom object, tabs, relation , formula, trigger VF page Class to another org account by this right ????

Regards

Raman

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Correct, you will get all the components you mentioned. Infact there is a list of all the components and you would have to select the components you wish to migrate.

Regarding the steps, the first link would give a fair idea of what is involved. But i think its fairly intuitive. You can create a new Force. com Project and the step by step wizards would help you.

If you face any difficulty you can post your exact problem here.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
TechnosTechnos

Thanks for all your help Satish !

I have one concern also  which method is best to get my job done, Foce.com Migration tool or Force.Com IDE ???

Regards

Raman

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
The Force.com Migration is a command line tool and the Force.com IDE has a graphical interface. Both are good and both use the same Metadata API in the background.
So which tool to use depends on whether you are comfortable with a CUI or a GUI.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
TechnosTechnos

Ok OK,

Thanks you very much for all your help Satish  !! if I will have to ask something regarding this I will post my doubt in this thread .

Thanks

Raman

TechnosTechnos

Hi satish I am getting this error when deploying  my application to another account ?? I looked inot it and found that your account should be developer,, what if we are deploying our app to enterprise edition ?????

Force.com projects require an organization with the Metadata API enabled.
API is not enabled for this organization or partner.

Regards
Raman
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Oh! Do you have a professional or a group edition. Because the API is not enabled for these editions.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
TechnosTechnos

Actually I am trying it on Enterprise trial edition. We have purchased one EE also but I don't want to test this on it,, for  testing purpose I want to use trial version only

Raman

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
By default, Enterprise editions have the API enabled. But i am not sure if the API is enabled on the 30 day trial editions.
You have two options here:
1. Sign up for a developer edition and use it. It has the API enabled by default.
2. Create a case with Salesforce to check if trial editions have API enabled or not.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
TechnosTechnos

Now I am trying in Developer edition but getting this error

File Name:    package.xml
   Full Name:  package.xml
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: Cannot deploy InstalledPackage in Package Manifest with any other.

Any idea ??

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
The same error. Are you using version 28 of the Force.com IDE. It seems there are some issues with that. Try downgrading it to the version 27 and it should work.

There is a similar post on our boards. You would have to first remove the force.com plugin and then install the older version.

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/Force-com-plugin-in-Eclipse-deploying-apex-trigger-ERROR/m-p/654057#M121264

Regards,
Satish Kumar
TechnosTechnos

I am trying to install plder version but now getting this error

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 27.0.0.201302151147 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 27.0.0.201302151147)
  Missing requirement: Force.com IDE 27.0.0.201302151147 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 27.0.0.201302151147) requires

I downloaded the plugin also from

http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/o/Downloadorgeclipseupdateuisource32300v20100512jar.htm

but no help ?? what to do,, Please help whole day has gone  and even I did not tested my requirment from one SF account to another,, please please help

Regards

Raman

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Hmm...Why dont you just try installing the Standalone application. The instructions are present in the first link.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
TechnosTechnos

This will fulfill my requirment ???

Regards

Raman

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Yes, its the same plugin but as a standalone application, instead of a plugin over eclipse.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
TechnosTechnos

Hi Satish,

I tried with  ""eclipse-java-helios-SR1-win32", the force.com IDE plugin got installed but when deployingt to destination account getting this error ::

""""""'Unable to perform synchronize check with remote server
com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.MetadataSiaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be
cast to com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

Your project may be out-of-sync. """"""""""""

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC

At times i get this error. I am not sure why this happens, but i would first check the obvious things like internet connection, username, salesforce password, security tokens etc. i then try to synchronize the project by right clicking the project name > Force.com > Synchronize.

If that does not solve the issue, i restart eclipse.
Restarting would solve this problem most of the times. In the rare cases when even a restart of eclipse would not solve, i would have no other option but to recreate a new project.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
TechnosTechnos

No help Satish !!! I have been blocked now ???

Regards

Raman

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Try the standalone application. That should work.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
TechnosTechnos

Standalone IDE  giving this error

Unable to perform synchronize check with remote server.
com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.MetadataSiaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be
cast to com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor
Your project may be out-of-sync.

JVM terminated. Exit code=-1
-Dfile.encoding= UTF-8
-XmsZS6m
-XmxlO24m
-XX PermSizetl28M
-XX MaxPermSize=512M
-Djava.class.path= C:\Users\raman.agrawal\AppData\Local\salesforce.com\Force.
com IDE\..fCommon/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.Iauncher_1.O.200.v20090520.jar
-oswin32
-ws win32
-arch 6
-showsplash
-launcher C:\Users\raman.agrawal\AppData\Local\salesforce.com\Force.com
IDE\forceide.exe
-name Forceide
--launcher.Iibrary
C:\Users\raman.agrawal\AppData\Local\salesforce.com\Force.com
IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.Iauncher.win32.win32.Æ6_1.O.200.v2
0090519\eclipse_1206 dil
-startup C:\Users\raman.agrawal\AppData\Local\salesforcecom\Force.com
IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.Iauncher_1.O.200.v20090520.jar
-Xms4Om
-XmxZ56m
-install C:\Users\raman.agrawal\AppData\Local\salesforce.com\Forcecom IDE
- configuration
C:\Users\raman.agrawal\AppData\Local\salesforce.com\Force.com
IDE\configuration
-vm C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\client\jvm.dIl
-vmargs
-Dfile.encodingz UTF-8
-Xms256m
-XmxlO24m
-XXPermSize=128M
-XX MaxPermSize=512M
-Djava.class.path= C:\Users\raman.agrawal\AppData\Local\salesforce.com\Force.
com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.Iauncher_1.O.200.v20090520.jar

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Let me try it on my dev org. Just making sure that you are following the correct deployment procedure.

First retrieve all the files from the source org.
Right Click on the project > Force.com > Deploy. A Wizard comes up asking you for the credentials of the destination org.
You provide the credentials (along with security token if required) and it will validate and deploy.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
TechnosTechnos

Yes Satsh !! I am following the samething ??

But the source is Sandbox and Destination is developer edition ??

Regards

Raman

TechnosTechnos

Hi Satish,

Now I am able to synch the source to destination org by Ecilipse only ! I don't know the reason just tried after some time and it worked, Now I have another concern when I am deploying From Source to destination what thigs we should keep in mind because I am getting lot of error in the Debug log  ::

Like I have write some queries in the classes with multiple relation so log is showing like  did not found  Object1__c into Object2__ like that.

Means we have to follow some patern like first deploy objects, than fields in object  than relatio like that???? Can you suggets me where I can find out this is detail ???

FYI :: I have system data also like in some object I have inserted the data and using the data inot clases in form of query . My source is SandBox EE and destination is developer edition.

Regards

Raman 

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
As long as all dependencies are being deployed in the same deployment request, you should not get any error.

Can you post the errors so we can check them.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
TechnosTechnos

*** Deployment Log ***
Result: FAILED
Date: July 25, 2013 1:20:36 PM IST

# Deployed From:
   Project name: LIS
   Username: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Endpoint: test.salesforce.com

# Deployed To:
   Username: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Endpoint: www.salesforce.com

# Deploy Results:
   File Name:    classes/ExtentionController.cls
   Full Name:  ExtentionController
   Problem: No such column 'ApCase__c' on entity 'Specimen__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

File Name:    classes/GenerateCaseNumber.cls
   Full Name:  GenerateCaseNumber
   Problem: No such column 'ApCase__c' on entity 'Specimen__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

File Name:    layouts/ApCase__c-ApCase Layout.layout
   Full Name:  ApCase__c-ApCase Layout
   Problem: In field: relatedList - no CustomField named Specimen__c.ApCase__c found

File Name:    layouts/BodySite__c-BodySite Layout.layout
   Full Name:  BodySite__c-BodySite Layout
   Problem: In field: relatedList - no CustomField named Specimen__c.BodySite__c found

File Name:    layouts/Opportunity-Opportunity Layout.layout
   Full Name:  Opportunity-Opportunity Layout
   Problem: Invalid field:QUOTE.QUOTENUMBER in related list:RelatedQuoteList

File Name:    layouts/Quote-Quote Layout.layout
   Full Name:  Quote-Quote Layout
   Problem: Parent entity failed to deploy

File Name:    layouts/QuoteLineItem-Quote Line Item Layout.layout
   Full Name:  QuoteLineItem-Quote Line Item Layout

File Name:    layouts/SocialPost-Social Post Layout.layout
   Full Name:  SocialPost-Social Post Layout

File Name:    layouts/SpecimenType__c-SpecimenType Layout.layout
   Full Name:  SpecimenType__c-SpecimenType Layout
   Problem: Invalid related list:Specimen__c.SpecimenType__c

File Name:    layouts/Specimen__c-Specimen Layout.layout
   Full Name:  Specimen__c-Specimen Layout
   Problem: In field: field - no CustomField named Specimen__c.Description__c found

File Name:    layouts/TransportType__c-TransportType Layout.layout
   Full Name:  TransportType__c-TransportType Layout
   Problem: In field: relatedList - no CustomField named Specimen__c.TransportType__c found

ile Name:    objectTranslations/Specimen__c-en_US.objectTranslation
   Full Name:  Specimen__c-en_US
   Problem: In field: fullName - no CustomField named Specimen__c.ApCase__c found

File Name:    objects/CampaignMember.object
   Full Name:  CampaignMember.LeadSource
   Problem: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 649909136-890 (21090395)

File Name:    objects/Contact.object
   Full Name:  Contact.LeadSource
   Problem: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 649909136-893 (21090395)

File Name:    objects/Lead.object
   Full Name:  Lead.LeadSource
   Problem: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 649909136-894 (21090395)

File Name:    objects/Opportunity.object
   Full Name:  Opportunity.LeadSource
   Problem: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 649909136-895 (21090395)

File Name:    objects/Opportunity.object
   Full Name:  Opportunity.SyncedQuoteId
   Problem: fullName must end with: __c or __kav or __x or __y

File Name:    objects/Quote.object
   Full Name:  Quote
   Problem: Invalid fullName, must end in __c

File Name:    objects/QuoteLineItem.object
   Full Name:  QuoteLineItem
   Problem: Invalid fullName, must end in __c

All errors like these only ???

rishabh rathor 28rishabh rathor 28
Would like to recommend app called Bulk Object Field Creator, simplifying one of the biggest challenges in Salesforce migration, i.e., metadata management. BOFC help admins to perform bulk metadata cloning, export & more in a few clicks.

Read More in Detail - https://bofc.io/other-salesforce-blogs/how-bofc-makes-salesforce-org-migration-simpler-fast