function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RstrunkRstrunk 

Dev 501 course prep question

So I am looking to register for an upcomming DEV - 501 course offering in my area.  I noticed that there are two online courses that become available to me once I register(they are bundled with dev501).  The online courses should be completed prior to showing up for the class.  Since the course offering has a start date that is fairly close, I was wondering how long those two online courses take.  I do not want to have to blow through them and then showup unprepaired on day 1.  

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Rstrunk, 

Thanks for sharing the link, 

These two courses are available to our premier customers and for those who register for Trainings. 

Did not find Force.com pages looks like it is reffering to a course called Visualforce Pages which is of length 80 minutes. 

Managing Force.com is about 190 minutes. 

It might take more time to do some practicles and repeat few complex topics. 

I personally feel it should not take more than 10 hours for you to complete and prepare the topics. 

Regards,

Ashish, Salesforce.com

If your question is answered, please accept this post as Solved.

All Answers

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Rstrunk,

Do you have the names of the two courses that will be available to you once you register?

Any link or catalogue appreciated. 

Regards,

Ashish

RstrunkRstrunk

Here is a link to where I found the two courses mentioned.   It is mentioned in the third item in the Prerequisites section. 

DEV - 501 Course outline

Maybe I am being too literal here, but to me the names are not given.  It just says that the two courses cover the TOPICS of  “Force.com Pages” and “Managing Development with Force.com”.  

I also did a search for courses that may have the name of “Force.com Pages” and “Managing Development with Force.com” and had no hits.  There were similar courses, but nothing solid. 

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Rstrunk, 

Thanks for sharing the link, 

These two courses are available to our premier customers and for those who register for Trainings. 

Did not find Force.com pages looks like it is reffering to a course called Visualforce Pages which is of length 80 minutes. 

Managing Force.com is about 190 minutes. 

It might take more time to do some practicles and repeat few complex topics. 

I personally feel it should not take more than 10 hours for you to complete and prepare the topics. 

Regards,

Ashish, Salesforce.com

If your question is answered, please accept this post as Solved.

This was selected as the best answer
RstrunkRstrunk

Thanks!

As it turns out I already have premiere training available and have completed both of those.  I was just thrown off by the different names of the courses.