function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rich13Rich13 

Custom Email filed defining as External ID

Hi,

I was trying to use the upsert function on DataLoader, but there was no external ID field defined on the Lead Object. So SFDC was taking Lead ID (machine generated) as external ID which will not serve the purpose of upsert.

With suggestions from group friends I have defined a custom filed as Email type, Unique and External ID. Created a workflow to update this field with the standard email field via workflow and ran a record update on all lead records to invoke the workflow. Now the Custom Email field is a replica of Standard Email field.

But when I started using Data Loader Upsert funcation it is still showing Lead ID as the only External ID defined. No trace of Custom Email filed created as unique and extenal ID type.

Please advise.

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
vbsvbs
That's the problem then. Do make the field visible for all profiles requiring access and especially the profile using it for data loading and test. Do mark this as a solution if this fixes the issue so that others benefit.

All Answers

vbsvbs
Rich13 - Have you checked the FLS for the this new field for profile you are logging in as?
Rich13Rich13
I am logged in as Admin, field visibility is hidden for all the profiles. (I just find this field is also not appearing in the Lead Reports)
vbsvbs
That's the problem then. Do make the field visible for all profiles requiring access and especially the profile using it for data loading and test. Do mark this as a solution if this fixes the issue so that others benefit.
This was selected as the best answer
Rich13Rich13
Awesome Got it Vbs. Thank you. Yes accepting it as solution.