function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
transilalexistransilalexis 

Custom Pricing Object attached to an ACCOUNT (not an Opportunity)

Working with an org that has a unique pricing structure in that they have "price lists" for each customer that they would like to "live" in Salesforce.  Currently we are having them utilize the Opportunity object to store these price lists.  However, I would like to make the transition to attach these price lists directly to the account object as the "storage" of these price lists are polluting our sales pipeline.

I currently have a custom object created named Pricing.  This object is the child in the master-detail relationship with the Account.  Each Pricing record serves as documentation of pricing per the Account and also includes an approval process that requires input from the director before the pricing is approved.  My motivation behind designing this custom object this way instead of just saving spreadsheets of data into Salesforce was to be able to report on these objects, document the pricing for each account and set up approvals.  I also want to be able to perform a mass price increase (using dataloader) a few times a year.

Now what I'm struggling with is each pricing record represents one product in a point in time for each account.  I was hoping to have one record represent each product that we offer the customer.  And then each time the price changes, a new record would not need to be created, but just added to the Pricing record with some sort of history tracking on the unit price change. 

Has anyone worked through a situation like this?  Any suggestions?

Thank you!

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Just curious, it it that the pricing is different for random parts per account or is there a discount level at the account?

PB

transilalexistransilalexis

Pricing  is different for random parts per account.