function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CRM Manager.ax991CRM Manager.ax991 

Automatically send report via workflow, security, quickbooks/vertical response integration

Hi,

1) I have a sales report that we send to our management every month. I am wondering if it will be possible to automatically send this report vi a workflow. Can a workflow be set up that will run the report and email the report?

2) We use role based hierarchy. Users  share accounts/contact/leads of all customer data. How can we restrict the user from seeing customer data such as opportunity, quote.  Can this be done at record level setting (private, public/read/write etc.,). or can this be done at object/sharing level? What will be the best approach to defining Roles/User profile in this case

3) Quickbooks integration - what are some of the best products for this. I am looking at pervasive 

4) How is the vertical response (integration). Appreciate if you could share your thoughts. 

BA_AdminBA_Admin

1) You can schedule the report every month, you don't need WFR, if  you go to report you have the option to schedule it on daily , weekly or monthly basis.

2)if you want to restrict just one record then you can do the manual sharing or else yuou have to set up sharing settings for the quote either by role or public group

Not sure about integration

CRM Manager.ax991CRM Manager.ax991

Hi this is great. Thanks for your help. I can check out the report feature. 

Regarding the user access, I don't see QUOTE in the OWD default setting. 

We need to restrict on acccess to opportunity, quote and reports. User can see their records only but not others. But for Accounts/contacts, they can view view all.

I can create a role with OWD for Account as 'Public Read Only' ; Contact -> controlled by Parent

Opportunity -> Private. How to restrict quote and report? Is this a good approach    

BA_AdminBA_Admin

I guess quotes are controlled by parent object , for example if the quotes are in opportunity then if you create sharing settings as read/write on Opp then even the quotes can have red/write