function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MickleMickle 

Multi Select Picklist Bug - Values with ' or " with Inline Editing

I've submitted a case through my developer org, but it's taking a while to resolve. (It's really hard to get me on the phone as I'm in and out of meetings quite frequently). I was curious if anyone else was experiencing this issue. I've tested it in a Sandbox as well as my Developer org, in both Firefox and Chrome, but maybe I am crazy and there is something I'm missing.

Basically, if a multiselect picklist has a picklist value with a single (') or double quote ("), and you try to edit the field via an inline edit, the picklist values with quotes in them will be displayed as available options and will also (if applicable) selected options as well. This leads to a situation where you can select the same value twice. (It would appear as though even if you repeat these steps, it will not save the same field value more than twice).

To recreate, create a Multi Select Picklist on any object.

Include the following possible options (make sure you include single quotes and double quotes):

1. Test
  2. Test's
  3. Multiple Test's
  4. Double"s
Select value #1, and save the record. Now, via an inline edit, add option #2, and save the record. It will succesfully add the value, however, do ANOTHER inline edit, and you will see #2, #3, and #4 as available options (even though #1 and #2 have already been selected). If you select #2 (a second time, as it's already been selected) and then save the record, the field will now display this value TWICE. 
I've isolated it to only the single and double quote characters.
I'm curious if anyone has seen this issue before, or if anyone internally can make sure it gets filed as bug.
SFDC Case# 05308385
Thanks,

MickleMickle

Can anyone else test this out?