function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lee Franke.ax999Lee Franke.ax999 

Changing standard functionality of save button.

We would like to change the standard functionality of the save button for Opportunity. If a user clicks "Button1" on the Contacts page to create a new Opportunity, then the Save button on the Opp page should only have "Save" as the text and only save the record. If a user clicks any other button on the Contacts page to create a new Opp, then the Save button should have the standard text and functionality. We have not converted the Opp Page to a VF page (yet). Is there any way to accomplish this without converting it to a VF page? Is so, could I get some guidance on how to do it? thanks, lee
Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

To the extent i understood your question, it cannot be achieved without Visualforce intervention.

Do you mean Button1 with those buttons that are shown in Opportunity Related list?

Lee Franke.ax999Lee Franke.ax999

Yes. We have a custom Opportunity button ('Button1') that displays on the Contact record (it is a custom "New Record" button).

I was 99% sure that we would not be able to do this without converting the Opportunity page into a VF page, I just wanted confirmation.

thanks,

lee