function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AdiviAdivi 

Unable to run quickstart.java

I have Java 1.5 SDK installed on my machine... I also installed Apache Axis 1.2.1 Final and included all the jar files in the classpath..... Downloaded quickstart.zip, unzipped it and included the quickstart.jar in the classpath too...

Then moved the source file quickstart.java to c:\ drive and compiled it... Compilation was successful, but generated a runtime error when tried to Login.. Could anyone please look at the error and tell me what the problem might be..

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: WRAPPED
        at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SoapBindingStub.<clinit>(SoapBindingStub.j
ava:28)
        at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceLocator.getSoap(SforceService
Locator.java:45)
        at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceLocator.getSoap(SforceService
Locator.java:40)
        at quickstart.doLogin(quickstart.java:190)
        at quickstart.mainLoop(quickstart.java:65)
        at quickstart.<init>(quickstart.java:38)
        at quickstart.main(quickstart.java:34)

Thank you

ChitraChitra
This is an issue with AXIS - Which version of AXIS are u using??
ChitraChitra

Sorry Java 1.5 and Axis 1.2.1 ..

Do have more than one version of Java or Axis ? This is definetely problem with AXIS. My guess is you are creating the stubs using an axis version different from what you use to run.

Check your classpath to see if it is pointing to diff axis version?

Thanks,

Chitra

DevAngelDevAngel

I have just posted a new version of the quickstart.  The quickstart zip now contains two zip files.  The first is the old combination (Axis 1.1 and jdk < 1.5) the second is the new combination (Axis 1.2.1 and jdk 1.5).

In fact, all of the Java samples with the exception of the JSP samples now have a version for the new combination.

AdiviAdivi

Thank you Chitra and DevAngel for the info