function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
codeWarriorcodeWarrior 

Running Web Service (WSDL) on SFDC ?

Does SFDC run a web-service that I can connect to to retrieve WSDL "on-the-fly" ?
DevAngelDevAngel
No, but...

Using frontdoor.jsp you should be able to get the wsdl. The retUrl should be:

/soap/wsdl.jsp?type=* for the enterprise wsdl and /soap/wsdl.jsp for the partner wsdl.

You'll probably need to follow some redirects before actuall getting to the wsdl.
codeWarriorcodeWarrior
I am having some serious issues generating the SFDC SOAP services, etc, from the 6.0 WSDL.... I had the same issue about 2 months ago and it never got resolved --

wscompile-init:
sfdc-partner-API-6.0-client-wscompile:
Copying 1 file to C:\WEBROOT\NB5-TEST\DMSF-Commissions\build\generated\wsclient\wsdl
the following naming conflicts occurred: sfdc.DescribeLayout_Type
at com.sun.xml.rpc.processor.modeler.wsdl.WSDLModelerBase.buildModel(WSDLModelerBase.java:267)
at com.sun.xml.rpc.processor.config.ModelInfo.buildModel(ModelInfo.java:88)
at com.sun.xml.rpc.processor.Processor.runModeler(Processor.java:63)
at com.sun.xml.rpc.tools.wscompile.CompileTool.run(CompileTool.java:714)
at com.sun.xml.rpc.util.ToolBase.run(ToolBase.java:43)
at com.sun.xml.rpc.tools.wscompile.Main.main(Main.java:22)
error: the following naming conflicts occurred: sfdc.DescribeLayout_Type
Command invoked: wscompile C:\Java\j2sdk1.4.2_08\jre\bin\java.exe -classpath C:\Java\j2sdk1.4.2_08\lib\tools.jar;C:\netbeans-5.0beta\SunAppServer8.1\lib\j2ee.jar;C:\netbeans-5.0beta\SunAppServer8.1\lib\saaj-api.jar;C:\netbeans-5.0beta\SunAppServer8.1\lib\saaj-impl.jar;C:\netbeans-5.0beta\SunAppServer8.1\lib\jaxrpc-api.jar;C:\netbeans-5.0beta\SunAppServer8.1\lib\jaxrpc-impl.jar com.sun.xml.rpc.tools.wscompile.Main -d C:\WEBROOT\NB5-TEST\DMSF-Commissions\build\generated\wsbinary -httpproxy:${wscompile.client.sfdc-partner-API-6.0.proxy} -import -keep -mapping C:\WEBROOT\NB5-TEST\DMSF-Commissions\build\web\WEB-INF\sfdc-partner-API-6.0-mapping.xml -s C:\WEBROOT\NB5-TEST\DMSF-Commissions\build\generated\wsclient -Xprintstacktrace C:\WEBROOT\NB5-TEST\DMSF-Commissions\build\generated\wsclient\wsdl\sfdc-partner-API-6.0-config.xml
C:\WEBROOT\NB5-TEST\DMSF-Commissions\nbproject\build-impl.xml:300: wscompile failed
SuperfellSuperfell
either (a) Ask the sun folks to fix their broken tools or (b) use tools that suck less.
KrishnamoorthyKrishnamoorthy
I have the exact same issue.  naming conflict on DescribeLayout type. Any clues?
SuperfellSuperfell
Yeah, ask Sun to fix their buggy tools.
KrishnamoorthyKrishnamoorthy
After looking at the wsdl file, I think I may have found a workaround. Just rename the DescribeLayout or any other type that has a naming conflict. It works. But I am still suspicious if the wscompile has generated all the types correctly. Not sure I trust this tool.

- Krishna