function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chiranthchiranth 

How to edit the standard picklist value in the record type

Hi all,

I have some 5 record types on the case, Not able to see the stadard picklist field 'Status' on the record types.

Please give some solution, I need to edit the picklist value so that reassign the existing picklist value to the record types.

EuclidEuclid

Hi,

If I'm not wrong, Case Status picklist field is not available for record types because they are used exclusively for sales processes. You might want to come up with a custom picklist and use that to assign values based on record types.

Regards,

Euclid

chiranthchiranth
Hi, Ya you are right, Status picklist is not available. What I did was In case there is a support process there the status field is available , So I did those modification in the support process. Now it is working fine. Thanks and Regards, __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Chiranth Aradhya ______________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer:This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged, confidential, and proprietary data. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying or forwarding
EuclidEuclid

Understood. So, you've created 5 different Support Processes each corresponding to your 5 record types. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

chiranthchiranth
Yes I have created 5 support process for 5 record type. Thanks and Regards, __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Chiranth Aradhya ______________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer:This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged, confidential, and proprietary data. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying or forwarding
Rishi Kumar 53Rishi Kumar 53
Hi,
Support Process is only for the "Status" picklist. The picklist values available in the status of a case record type determine a support process. It is only a business relevant feature as the status field is the most process-specific field on a case. The status field cannot be customized on a record type, it can only be customized in a support process.