function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ministe_2003ministe_2003 

Bulk API / Webservice / AppExchange confusion

Hi all,

I'm toying with the idea of writing an app for the exchange, really just for the sake of giving it a shot and learning something new.

My idea would involve mass updating records and so I'm wondering if the BULK API would be the best solution just in case some users have massive orgs.

This is where my confusion lies and my lack of knowledge on the subject shows.  Having not used the BULK API or written a webservice before I don't quite know how this would work - I assume there must be some way of writing something using the BULK API which could then be packaged as an App for the exchange, but the only way I know of coding with the BULK API is in some external program, perhaps using Java or C# etc, and that would not be possible to package (I assume!).

So I guess my question is, how can I use the BULK API to mass update records in a way which doesn't rely on an external application?  The reason I've mentioned web services is because I assume any solution would have to involve one in some way.

Hope my question makes sense!

Steven