function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chiyaan AnanthChiyaan Ananth 

Is there a way from webservice API to create new dashboard

I have succeeded to modify my s-control from my webservices API.  I do not see Dashboard as a child of SObject.  So is there a way I could create a new dashboard with my existing s-control,  from webservice?

Thanks in Advance 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

You can create a dashboard through the Metadata API. Check out the docs.

Hope that helps,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

You can create a dashboard through the Metadata API. Check out the docs.

Hope that helps,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer

Thank you for your helps Sati,  let me play with MetaData API.  Is there a Quickstart like Jax-WS Quickstart for metadata API.  I have gone through http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content%2Fmeta_dashboard.htm|SkinName=webhelp

in which suggestions are to wsdl2java.  Is it the only option or do I have already generated code available?  Trying the steps to generate code from wsdl...

Thanks in Advance. 

When I tried to download the metadata wsdl,  I get the following error message

"Check the current status of an asyncronous deploy call. Check the current status of an asyncronous deploy call. Check the current status of an asyncronous call. Creates new metadata entries asyncronously.Deletes metadata entries asyncronously. Deploys a zipfile full of metadata entries asynchronously. Describes features of the metadata API. Lists the available metadata components. Retrieves a set of individually specified metadata entries. Updates metadata entries asyncronously. Manage your Salesforce.com metadata

I am using my developer account.  Am  I missing something here? 

The browser I used was chrome,  which had issues to download.  Managed to get the wsdl using firefox.