function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DougWaterfieldDougWaterfield 

Query Timeouts

Is anyone else encountering query timeouts today?

I am running a query to gather task information for a particular customer and it continually times out.  This same query is working fine for other customers.  The customer having difficulty does have a large amount of data (751,666 KB of Tasks, according to the Data Management form) so I'm sure that's a factor.

I have set the SOAP timeout value as described in other articles here but this does not seem to be helping.  I've played with batch sizes but so far no luck there either.  I've also added conditions to my SQL statement to limit the number of rows that should be returned.

I'm fast running out of ideas!

Any thoughts?

Doug Waterfield
Chameleon Consulting

darozdaroz

I've noticed a trend over the last few business days dealing with API calls...

During business hours API calls can take an extremely long time to execute. On average it's not too bad, but once and awhile it's pretty nasty. Query calls against 3-4K records take about 1 to 2 seconds tops off-peak, and upwards of 5-6 during peak. (This also ocours in the UI). Randomly it can take 20 seconds or more.

I'm currently working on an import tool for my client who just signed a contract on Friday and the full import runs in about 3 hours off peak, and takes around 5 during business hours.

benjasikbenjasik
We are aware of some of the API performance issues people are running into during business hours and working on the problems.