function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GenesisSoftGenesisSoft 

Capturing a form on a website and sending it to SalesForce. Any ideas?

Would really appreciate if you could assist us in the right direction...

My question:

We are integrating SalesForce into a website. We are using the Web-to-Case module. This is the scenario we want to accomplish: User visits a website and fills out a form. When user submits form, it will convert the form (with input data) into PDF. The PDF will be sent/assigned to an account in SalesForce as a PDF "attachment."

In the "generate html", there are 19 fields, which are: Contact Name, Email, Phone, Subject, Description, Company, Type, Status, Case Reason, Priority, Case Record Type, Response Time, Estimated Effort, Actual Effort, Type of Case, Department, Remote Support, Due Date and Billble. But there is no "file type" field. I need one "file type" field to store the PDF file and send the PDF to salesforce.com.

Any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

-James

DevAngelDevAngel
This will be a two step process for you.

First, create the case and save the id of the new case.

Second, create the attachment and use the case id to relate the attachment to the case.

The assumption is that you have api access and can execute these calls from your web server.
GenesisSoftGenesisSoft

To DevAngel,

I don't understand your response completely.

I didn't know how the "api access" works, and didn't find anything regarding "api access" in the salesforce website.

And also, I didn't find anything about "create attachment" in the salesforce website.

How can I do?
DevAngelDevAngel
The Apex Developer Network is devoted to providing information about how the API works, including things like creating attachements.

NazeerNazeer
Hi Genesis,

Did you solved this issue... I have the same issue. Can you tell me in bit detail about how you handles attachments for a case. Thanks in advance

Thanks,
Nazeer