function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tommytxtommytx 

Using Web2Lead best way to add Lead Source to web page in Hidden Mode.

Not sure if I am re-inventing the wheel.  Is there a simpler way to mark the Web2Lead form with a hard wired source and have it hidden sot the client does not see it... Here is what I have done and it seems to work ok.... is this a lot of un-necessary mumbo jumbo....

1. First I added the lead_source to my form so I could see what format was needed to make it work....

2. Second I used the html remarks signal to disable the normal html code...

3. Using the hidden command I copies the name= and value= to be what I wanted for the lead source.

4. This seems to work as on test if did in fact not show on the client form and did infact add to the test data base with the source "REW_web.... meaning when a lead is generated on my REW (Real Estate Webmasters) site it will auto appear in my sales force lead data base and be identified by the code "REW_WEB"

5. So now I should be able to delete the entire code generated by the lead source part of the form and use only the one hidden line....  Is this an acceptable method or is the a simple one button push that I could have used to make this happen.... This is day 2 for me guys... so go easy on me...LOL.

<!--
<label for="lead_source">Lead Source</label><select  id="lead_source" name="lead_source"><option value="">--None--</option><option value="Web">Web</option>
<option value="Phone Inquiry">Phone Inquiry</option>
<option value="Partner Referral">Partner Referral</option>
<option value="Purchased List">Purchased List</option>
<option value="Other">Other</option>
</select><br>
-->

<input type=hidden name="lead_source" value="REW_WEB">