function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jsuryajsurya 

Data level visibility

I have created 2 roles- Manager and Employee. I have assigned all the accesibility and permissions to Employee so that he can view and edit all the fields of a Manager. I created custom objects and added data to the custom fields at Manager level. I have logged out and logged in as Employee , I can view the custom objects but I'm unable to view the data entered by Manager for those custom objects. My requirement is: data should be visible both at the Manager and Employee level. Please help!

Tanvir AnsariTanvir Ansari
How have you done it? What have you done it. Share
jsuryajsurya

EG: I have created 2 Custom Objects - Product(company goods) and Invoice & added corresponding data to it. I have created a custom profile 'Basic User' with custom object permissions - Read, create, edit,delete & view all are checked. I have created 2 Roles - 'Manager'(sys admn) and an 'Employee' underneath it. I have created the 'Employee' role with the 'Basic User' Profile and assigned a 'Manager' to it. Now I have logged out and logged in as Employee. Here I can view the Product and Invoice objects, but not the data(company goods) which I have created at Manager level. Do I need any other config or setup to view the data at 'Employee' level?

Jeff MayJeff May

I would check your Org Wide Defaults under Admin Setup->Security Sharing Settings to make sure the Custom Objects are set to Public Read/Write.  Records are generally visible "up" the Role Hierarchy.  So in your case, the Manager can see the records created by the Employee.  But not the other way. 

jsuryajsurya

I have checked the sharing settings under admn setup. It is set to public read/write.

Jeff MayJeff May

I've done exactly what you described and both users have access as expected.  I made sure the Profiles for both users had  R/W/C/D access to the custom object and that the custom tab was visible to both.  I was able to create/edit any record as either user, no matter which user created the record.