function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lucena69lucena69 

Custom field (Long Text Area 10000) on Case object truncated in Prod (still ok in Sandbox)

Hi Everyone,

At some point yesterday (2/3/2013) it appears that a custom field we had created on the Case object which was defined as Long Text Area (10000) has had all its data truncated to no more than the first 255 chars. This has been applied to all Case records. The last modified dates of these records do not appear to be modified (so no one mistakenly updated them all with just the first 255 chars of data). Our sandbox instance (which was refresh 12/28/2012) is showing all records correctly. The field definition remains Long Text Area (10000) and that has not been modified since it was first created either.

Is anyone seeing anything like this? In prod we are on na13 and in the sandbox on cs15.

We are contacting Salesforce but wanted to post this here as well. Never saw such an issue in SF before...

Thanks,

-John

Paul ConleyPaul Conley

Hi John,

Do you have a case# from Support? This may make sense to fast track to the Backline team.

Thanks,

Paul.

lucena69lucena69

Hi Paul,

Yes, it's case #08703123

Thanks,

-John

Paul ConleyPaul Conley

Thanks John!

Paul ConleyPaul Conley

Hey John, 

I can't find that case number, anyway you could check again? Or, if you'd like; shoot me an email at pconley@salesforce.com.

Thanks,

Paul.

Paul ConleyPaul Conley

Thanks for your email John. I have it with the Backline team.