function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
veeru_pariveeru_pari 

Getting class name

Hi ,

Can i know  how to get the classname  from the show depandency view in apex pages

In develop>>page>>if we click VFpage we will get the showdependencies so the page is dependent on the Apexclass

Now using code i want to get that ApexClass related to the page and store it in a variable.so how can i achieve this

Thanks,

Veeraiah

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can't do that in Apex - the page and class information forms part of the metadata api which isn't exposed via Apex.

However, doesn't your page already know the class through the controller declaration? Why would you want to store that elsewhere?

veeru_pariveeru_pari

Hi bob,

Actually i want store that class name in a variable as shown in the code.

global class JobCount {
String variable= 'Batch_CaseEmail';
    global Integer getBatchesCount() {
    List<AsyncApexJob> lstjobs=[
    SELECT
        Id,
        TotalJobItems
    FROM
        AsyncApexJob
    WHERE CompletedDate = LAST_N_DAYS:365 AND JobType='BatchApex' AND ApexClassId IN (SELECT Id FROM ApexClass WHERE NamespacePrefix =null  AND Name =:variable)];

Integer jobItemsCount = 0;
Integer batchesCount = 0;
for(AsyncApexJob async : lstjobs) {
    jobItemsCount +=async.TotalJobItems;
    batchesCount++;

}
System.debug(variable);

System.debug('############');

return batchesCount;
    }

so i need the clas name...

Thanks,

Veeraiah

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

That sounds like you just want to look up the jobs associated with a particular name rather than anything intrinsic to the page.  I'd put that in a custom setting.

veeru_pariveeru_pari

HI Bob,

I nstead its intrinsic  i want to find out if a page has batch job running .This i want to do for all pages.so i need code to perform this instead of checking for each and every page.

Thanks,

Veeraiah

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The controller will have to expose a property then - you can't introspect pages and classes using Apex I'm afraid.