function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
daniel1110daniel1110 

Field set question or not...

Hi all!

Is it possible to create consecutive field set records from a detail page?

The reason I ask is I have 5 fields that need to be collected in "groups" and the number of these "groups" can be anywhere from 1 to 30.

If field set is not the solution to this, can anyone pls provide any workaround solution/recommendation?

Thank you! ^^

Daniel

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Daniel, 

Not very sure that I understood your requirement but the Dependent Picklist can help if you have a spefic picklist values and if all the fields in the Same Object. 

http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/fields_defining_field_dependencies.htm

Reply back if there is anything else that you are looking for. 

Regards,

Ashish

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

I am not getting your requirement but as per limitation point of view I think field set can help you.  

A field set is a grouping of fields. For example, you could have a field set that contains fields describing a user's first name, middle name, last name, and business title. If the page is added to a managed package, administrators can add, remove, or reorder fields in a field set to modify the fields presented on the Visualforce page without modifying any code. Field sets are available for Visualforce pages on API version 21.0 or above. You can have up to 50 field sets referenced on a single page.

daniel1110daniel1110

Hi Asish/Sandeep,

Sorry for being unclear in my first explanation. In the link below, it should clarify a little more in what I'm trying to accomplish

snapshot

So, based on this snapshot, is there a way to iteratively create local injection therapy field sets through some sort of add button?

daniel

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Daniel, 

Are you looking for a solution where you select one field and that should automatically polpulate other fields in the section?

Regards,

Ashish

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

I think you can field set concept here if it is VF page. 

Here is good blog to go with "how to use field set on VF page"

http://devendranatani.blogspot.in/2011/05/how-to-use-fieldset-on-visualforce-page.html

on single page we can use up to 50 field sets at a time and in your case you just need 1-30