function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chirstinachirstina 

related list issue

I have 2 custom objects application and job  both r part of different managed packages. i can see application in related list of jobs but m not able to make job available in related list of application. is there any solution for this???????????

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Sri549Sri549

Hi

Yah It will give error because a__job__c' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Application right??

so inorder to over come that create a lookup relation in reverse direction. then it will not give error..

it Kudos if this provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You,
Srinivas
SFDC Certified Developer

All Answers

souvik9086souvik9086

What is the relationship between the two objects?

If application is the child then you can see in the related list of job and the case of vice versa.

If there is many-many relationship then you should able to see in both the related lists.

If this post is helpful please throw Kudos.If this post solves your problem kindly mark it as solution.

Thanks

Sri549Sri549

Hi Christina,

I Think there is lookup relationship between Application and Jobs Object  thats why you are seeing application in related list of jobs

but you are  not able to make job available in related list of application right?? 

Because you need to create  relation ship between Jobs and Application. so that jobs will be available in the related list of Application.

If you dont get required solution just ping me with ellaborated requirement i will provide you the required solution.

Hit Kudos if this provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You,
Srinivas
SFDC Certified Developer

chirstinachirstina

Hello Srinivas

Thnx for reply... you r right its lookup relation ship between those two objects.... how can i get job in application related list....... let me know the solution for this issue 

regards

chirstinachirstina

Can i get related list from visualforce page ?????

Sri549Sri549

Hi Christina,

Yes you can get 

Use Apex:related list tag like this

<apex:relatedList list='"Application"/>

<apex:relatedList list='"Jobs"/> 

Ping me if doesnt give you required solution.

Hit Kudos if this provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You,
Srinivas
SFDC Certified Developer

chirstinachirstina

I am not able to get solution like this its giving error

"a__job__c' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Application " in both cases...

Is there any other solution as its managed package object m not even able to modify fields....

regards

Christina

Sri549Sri549

Hi

Yah It will give error because a__job__c' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Application right??

so inorder to over come that create a lookup relation in reverse direction. then it will not give error..

it Kudos if this provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You,
Srinivas
SFDC Certified Developer

This was selected as the best answer
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Sri, 

As both are managed packages we do not have control over the Components and even if we override with a VF page. 

Based on the requirement you may create a junction object which looks up to both the managed objects by which you may have some reference, not sure if this totally solves your requirement.

Regards,

Ashish

chirstinachirstina

Thnx  a lot Srinivas 

It worked for my Issue :D

Regards

Christina