function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Marc C.Marc C. 

Special Hidden Fields? Product Family of Assets

There are several fields of the standard object Asset which do not appear in the data model. In particular the picklist ProductFamily. It doesn't appear in DataLoader and when I use the Force.com explorer it's just not there. Also Product2, ProductCode, ProductDescription just aren't there. Again, when I edit an asset - not there!

When I go to "Asset Field-Level Security for profile System Administrator" the field is ticked readonly and I can't change it even though I am the system administrator. If it's readonly and even I can't change it's value what's the point??

Dude, where's my field?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Marc C.Marc C.

Unfortunately that doesn't help. But I seem to have solved it: these fields are formula fields dependant on the field Product2. They are calculated based on the product of the asset and not editable except by changing Product.

All Answers

Alok_NagarroAlok_Nagarro

Hi Marc,

You can edit only certain thing in standard profile, if you want to edit all things then you need to clone of that profile.

Marc C.Marc C.

Unfortunately that doesn't help. But I seem to have solved it: these fields are formula fields dependant on the field Product2. They are calculated based on the product of the asset and not editable except by changing Product.

This was selected as the best answer
Nazneen NazimNazneen Nazim
Hi Marc,

I am having trouble getting the product family field to display. Tried to change the product2 field and it still wouldn't populate the ProductFamily field.
What exactly did you do to make it display?