function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eric FortenberryEric Fortenberry 

Contracts

Hi All,

I just setup Products and Quotes to work with opportunities and now I'd like to start using Contracts.  Can anyone point me at some good documentation and/or video tutorials?  It seems like there is less documentation about contracts than quotes and products.  Ultimately, when I close an opportunity I'd like that to generate a contract that we could send as an Invoice.  Thanks for the help.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Paul.FoxPaul.Fox

That's because Contracts are much older and much less robust. You can learn everything you want to know by creating a Contract, there is no customization or PDF generation like with quotes. It's simply a way to notify you when a contract is about to expire using the contract end date.

There are a number of partner applications that will generate invoices, or you could come up with your own object, although you could probably create another Quote layout that would work also.

Personally, we wrote our own similar to this free application: Simple quote/invoice/order

You could probably download that to your sandbox and then customize however you want to generate invoices.