function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MaidyMaidy 

Unable to Launch the Apex Data Loader

Hi,

I tried launching the Apex Data Loader (22.0) as I would normally when I need to export object data but it's not doing anything. I then unistalled and downloaded the latest version from SFDC and installed it. I attempted to launch it again but it's not doing anything - not even throw any error.

Appreciate if someone can provide some assistance as I need to use it.

Thanks and regards,

Maidy

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

It seems as if you missed out some step. Please go through the following steps to export data from any Salesforce object

1. Start the Apex Data Loader by choosing Start ->Programs -> salesforce.com -> Apex Data Loader -> Apex Data Loader.

2. Click Export. This command can also be found in the File menu.

3. Enter your Salesforce username and password. Click Log in to log in. After your login completes successfully, click next.

(Until you log out or close the program, you will not be asked to log in again.)

4. Choose an object. If your object name does not display in the default list, check Show all objects to see a complete

list of objects that you can access. The objects will be listed by localized label name, with developer name noted in parentheses.

For object descriptions, see the ApexWeb Services Developer’s Guide.

5. Click Browse... to select the CSV file to which the data will be exported. You can enter a new filename to create a new file or choose an existing file.

If you select an existing file, the contents of that file will be replaced. Click Yes to confirm this action, or click No to choose another file.

6. Click Next.  Exporting Data

7. Create a SOQL query for the data export. SOQL is the Sforce Object Query Language that allows you to construct simple but powerful query strings. Similar to the SELECT command in SQL, SOQL allows you to specify the source object (such as account), a list of fields to retrieve, and conditions for selecting rows in the source object. See the

a. Choose the fields you want to export.

b. Optionally, select conditions to filter your data set. If you do not select any conditions, all the data to which you have read access will be returned.

c. Review the generated query and edit if necessary. For more information on SOQL, see the ApexWeb Services Developer’s Guide.

8. Click Finish, then click yes to confirm.

9. As the operation proceeds, a progress information window reports the status of the data movement.

10. After the operation completes, a confirmation window will summarize your results. Click View Extraction to view the

CSV file, or click OK to close.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.