function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Static DevStatic Dev 

Export the report folders using Data Loader

Hello,

i have quick question can we export the reports object data or name of all the report folders by using the data loader.

i want to have a excel sheet of all the folder names and reports under that folder in a excel sheet. OR else could you please suggest me any other way to do it.

i want this as they are many unwanted reports and reports folders are lying there. So want to do a clean up.

Thanks in adavance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jhurstjhurst

I had forgotten, but you can also run a Reports Report.  To do so:

1. Log in as an admin

2. Create a new report

3. Select the Administrative Reports folder and the Reports sub item

4. Select the criteria and fields (includig Folder) 

5. Run the report

Hope this helps

Jay

All Answers

jhurstjhurst

Hello.

You can pull the Report Folders and the Reports out through the Data Loader.  The queries are:

SELECT CreatedById,CreatedDate,Description,DeveloperName,Id,IsDeleted,LastModifiedById,LastModifiedDate,LastRunDate,Name,OwnerId,SystemModstamp FROM Report

SELECT AccessType,CreatedById,CreatedDate,DeveloperName,Id,IsReadonly,LastModifiedById,LastModifiedDate,Name,NamespacePrefix,SystemModstamp,Type FROM Folder where Type = 'Report'

The OwnerID in the Report query will refer to one of three things:

1. If the ID starts with 00D, it will indicate the report is in the "Unfiled Public Reports" folder

2. If the ID starts with 005 , it will indicate that the report is in the "My Custom Reports" folder of the user runnign the query

3. If the ID starts with 00l, it will indicate the report is in a folder 

Hope this helps

Jay

Static DevStatic Dev

Thanks a lot Jay.

Static DevStatic Dev

Jay Quick question i was able to extract all the reports from the report object. But is there any way can i extract all the folders specific reports i.e the reports which are under their specific folders.

Thanks in advance.

jhurstjhurst

You can, but you will have to find the folder ID.  For Instance, if I have a report folder called "FY2012 Reports" and I wanted all reports in that folder I would:

1. Run the query on the Folder object:

SELECT Id, Name, Type FROM Folder where Type = 'Report' and Name = 'FY2012 Reports'

2. Take the ID field from that query and use it in a report query:

SELECT Id, Name, OwnerId FROM Report where OwnerId = '<ID_FROM_ABOVE>'

The other option would be to run both of the reports from the first comment, open them in Excel, and use a VLOOKUP to match the Folder.Name with the Report.OwnerId

Hope that helps.

Jay

sam_Adminsam_Admin

You can either extract reports or folders from data loader but if you want to see the reports belonging to specific folder you have to use eclipse

jhurstjhurst

I had forgotten, but you can also run a Reports Report.  To do so:

1. Log in as an admin

2. Create a new report

3. Select the Administrative Reports folder and the Reports sub item

4. Select the criteria and fields (includig Folder) 

5. Run the report

Hope this helps

Jay

This was selected as the best answer
Static DevStatic Dev

Jay thanks for reminding me to generate a report on reports summarizing by folder name..

Thank you.

kryan0618kryan0618
Thank you!!! I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to pull a report of ONLY the folder names and IDs!
Lynne RichardsonLynne Richardson
Does anyone know if you can export a list of empty folder IDs for Reports and Dashboards.  I'd like to mass delete all empty folders.