function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DTDIGITALDTDIGITAL 

Email2Case AUTHENTICATE Error

Hi,

We have a really simple (hopefully!) and terminal error with Email2Case - we have set it up with the software running on the mail server box itself, and turned on IMAP services.

The problem we get is:

Just to confirm the error really "is what it says it is": If I turn off the IMAP service I get Connection Refused instead, which sounds about right. So with it running, the Email2Case agent can't log in.

If I set up the identical IMAP account in Outlook it works perfectly. The user ID, mail server and password settings in the Email2Case.txt file *are* correct; I've tried setting new ones, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea what the cause of this might be?

Thanks,
Mark
thormagthormag

I am having the same problem

Anyone know how to solve it?

DTDIGITALDTDIGITAL

I have tried a number of things now, even with a different mailbox, different domain, and so on.

Its as if the software is useless, i.e. it just doesn't work at all. However since other people are using it, it must work - this doesn't seem to be something lots of people are struggling with. But for us the problem is completely terminal and having to manually pipe every reply back in to Salesforce by copying and pasting is rendering it almost useless.

Has anyone come up with an alternative piece of software, preferably not Java based, e.g. .NET or even VB Script which uses POP not IMAP? I'm thinking of abandoning the Email2Case thing and writing our own, but I wonder if someone has done this already...

thormagthormag

We found a workaround by installing another mail server on different machine and forwarding the mail to this new mail server from our main mail server.

But we have now another problem, attachments documents or photos are not forwarded into salesforce. There is a statement here in the forum saying new code 1.5 is handling this, but we have not been able to get that to work. We are using the latest code marked 1.05.  If we pick up the mail with outlook there is no problem the attachments come into the mail client, but when we process with the jave no attachments flow into salesforce.

Does anyone know what is wrong here?

DTDIGITALDTDIGITAL
Is your original mail server iMail by any chance?
thormagthormag
Yes it is IMAIL
DTDIGITALDTDIGITAL

Looks like it might just be that Email2Case doesn't work with iMail then :-[

Must be something to do with the handshaking/login - I can see the iMail entries in the Event Log if I turn on debugging to Event Log, but I only see the messages one way (the denials from iMail) and not what comes in from Email2Case.

Outlook works perfectly with iMAP on iMail, so it must either work a little differently or is able to cater for something iMail needs which Email2Case doesn't know how to do.