function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RedSalesRedSales 

Edit Custom Object Page To Include Custom Link

Hello,

I have a custom object  on which I'd like to add a URL on the "New Object" form page.  If I create a custom link I cannot add it to the custom object form page as there does not seem to be a page layout by which I can add the link.

Do all custom objects have standard page layouts which cannot be changed?  Is there no way to add a custom url to a custom objects standard "New Object" form page?

I know this sound confusing & apologies if so but it's hard to describe this without adding a picture attachment (which does not seem possible).

Any ideas/help on this would be appreciated!

MC-DragnierMC-Dragnier

Red,

There is a way to access the page layout of a custom object.  You can get there by doing the following.

Your Name > Setup > Create > Objects 

Now click on the name of your custom object.  It is important to not click on "edit" but to actually click on the name of the object.  This will take you to the page where you can view the standard fields for the object, add new custom fields, set validation rules, create custom buttons and links as well as view the page layout to set any custom fields, buttons or links onto your custom object page.

Hopefully that helps.

RedSalesRedSales

Hi MC,

Thank you for your help. I still do not see how I can add a custom link though without adding it to a page layout? When I access the  Your Name > Setup > Create > Objects settings section there is still a page layout box but the page layout does not correspond to the object itself.

Thanks again & any further suggestions/help are always welcome.

RedSalesRedSales

Hi, I note when I add my custom link it is added as a "Detail Page Link". Does this mean it can only be added to a "detail page" (whatever that is) as opposed to the custom object's edit screen?

Thanks.