function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tbuckettbucket 

Un-Doing People Accounts

I have an Org where I need to undo People Accounts and go back to a more traditional method.

I was going to do this:

1) Use the data loader to update all records with a People record type to a 'regular' record type

2) Remove all mentions of people accounts in record type

3) Ensure all users default record type setting are updated

Does anyone know if this will work?  Is there a better way?

I want to make sure we the user leaves the Company field blank, it throws them an error message without saving the record instead of creating a People Account. 

MC-DragnierMC-Dragnier

Tbucket,

The process you laid out there sounds good to me.  One thing ot think about is that when you delete a record type, Salesforce will automatically prompt you with how to replace it.

So when you deactivate your Person record type and delete it, you should be prompted to replace it with a different record type, where you could choose your "regular" type.

Insofar as throwing an error message if the user leaves the company field blank, that could be done by either making the field required, or using a validation rule to ensure that the field contains data.

Hopefully that helps point you in the right direction.

tbuckettbucket

BTW, I think this worked.  Be sure and enforce via validation rules on the Company field in the Lead object.