function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LouisoLouiso 

develop CTI adapter Using CTP/IP socket?

The situation is,

I have to develop the CTI adapter for Siemens Procenter Using a Broker which is connected to the ProCenter's SDK. Then connection between the CTI adatper and the Broker provided by using the CTP/IP socket and transfering the data.  

I am wondering that does it posible to use the Cisco demo adapter code as a source to customize in this situation? 

in my understanding, using the event sink class to sink the incoming event and sent to the CTIUserInterface to convert the data to be XML format, am i right? 

Then listen to the event from the Broker server via socket connection. and what should i have to do so far with the data from the socket? I cant imagine that whole sequences of the developing processes. 

by the way, the evender of Procenter provided the IP and Port of creating Socket, the format of how data has sent and received, and all agent statuses. the event format will be in form like this...  code|status|status_para|incoming no.|destination no.

Please suggest how to deal with...

Best Regards,

Louis

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
*werewolf**werewolf*

Ultimately the underlying connection details don't really matter very much in a CTI implementation.  All CTI Toolkit-based adapters will have 2 main elements: an event sink and a command generator (the latter being CCTIUserInterface).

Basically your job is to listen to the event stream (in this case via a socket it seems) and call the relevant events on CCTIUserInterface.  You actually need to subclass CCTIUserInterface so that when the user does something (presses the Answer button, say), it calls your method (like CallAnswer, for example), and your method should make the action happen on the phone system (maybe by sending a message back over that socket interface).

So yes, you can use the demo adapter as a starting point, but you will definitely need at a minimum to implement your own event sink class.