function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
thunksalotthunksalot 

Any way to view Account fields for Contacts who are Campaign Members in a Campaign?

I have a need that I think is pretty common.  I'm handed a big contact list and told to load them into a Campaign - but to leave out anyone that is associated with an Account that is already a customer.  So, I use PeopleImport to carefully load the Contacts (all as Contacts) and assign the updated/inserted Contacts to a Campaign.  Then, I go looking for some way to see which, if any, of the Contacts in the Campaign are related to customer Accounts.  It seems like it should be pretty simple, but a custom report that went Campaign >> Contact >> Account didn't work (the Account fields were available in the report editor but when I run the report they are all blank).  I've tried a couple other things, but simply haven't been able to figure out a way to do a simple pairing of Campaign Members (all Contacts) with details from their Account records. 

Please help!  Thanks so much!

jkucerajkucera

How do you know if an Account is a customer? 

There isn't a great way to do this today.  If you have relatively managable customer lists (100k or fewer), you can use Excel to get this done by exporting Contacts in Accounts that are customers, and then doing a vlookup to match against your import list, removing any matches.

thunksalotthunksalot

jkucera wrote:

How do you know if an Account is a customer? 

We sell a subscription service to organizations, so we have a custom Status field on our Account objects that shows whether an Account is an "Active" customer based on the subscription purchase history recorded in the Opportunities associated with the Account.

jkucera wrote: 

There isn't a great way to do this today.  If you have relatively managable customer lists (100k or fewer), you can use Excel to get this done by exporting Contacts in Accounts that are customers, and then doing a vlookup to match against your import list, removing any matches.

Thanks for the tip.  That can work, I suppose.  I'm really hoping to find something that can be done within SF, and that can be done by my sales reps, rather than by me through a bunch of import/export work.  It's surprising more organizations don't have a problemm with this.