function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GoldwinGoldwin 

Knowledge base implementation doubts

I have a requirement to integrate knowledge base with some other external sites. I have some questions on this:

1) How can we categorize the Articles at high level.

For example We have "LOB A"and "LOB B" as two LOBs(Lines of Businesses).When some one visits our ABC corporate website we would like to show top 5 FAQs from both "LOB A"and "LOB B". But when user visits only the "LOB A" specific website we would like to show only "LOB A" related Top 5 articles.

2) We would like to show different Knowledgebase Articles for (Customer portal) Authenticated and other users. Should we handle this based on the high level data category types or by Roles

3) Is it best practice to retrieve and render the Knowledgebase through Web service APIs instead of using the Public knowledgebase with Iframes

Any idea on this?

Thanks,

Goldwin

francoisLfrancoisL

1> My guess is that you need to create a VF page that take in consideration from where you come from. If you come from this part of the site, you filter using LOB A, if you come from this other part, you  use LOB B and in other case you use both. It should be not too complex to code your page with this info as parameter.

2> If you need to secure  articles delivery based on the profile, I suggest to use role filtering. If your are looking just to filter the result, I suggest more to code the logic in VF.

3> One advice, avoid Iframe. 

Of course, my answer are more based on general consideration and the answer may change based on youy use case. 

Hope that help.