function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cory CowgillCory Cowgill 

Developer 501 Certification - Assignment Stage - How long have folks had to wait?

I just passed the Advanced Developer 501 Certification Exam, now I'm waiting for the assignment stage and the essay stage.

Has anyone else passed the 501 exam in the last few months? How long did you have to wait for the second stage?

I've asked a few folks I know in the community and they are stillwaiting for the second stage and its been almost 1 year for one of them, 4 months for another guy......

Anyone have any idea? I sent a message to certification@salesforce.com, but I haven't gotten a response yet.....

Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

Hey,
I did my 501 exam late last year and am yet to hear back about the assignment. So it would seem its quite a long wait.

I've heard from other sources that there is an annual window for these assignments. Not sure how accurate that is.

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

Thanks Ritesh.

I got a response back from certification@salesforce.com about this and just copying the body below so other folks can be in the loop on some questions I asked.

1.       How to communicate this to your clients: You have passed the first portion of the Advanced Developer credential and will complete the second portion when it becomes available.  The first portion is very difficult and you must be a qualified candidate to pass that portion.

2.       Timeframe: we typically try to hold a programming assignment and essay for the Advanced Developer credential about 2-3 times a year.  We are planning on opening a window for registration coming soon around June.  We will notify all eligible candidates via email when this registration window opens. 

3.       We have not been scheduling regular windows for the  programming assignment and essay because of the amount of resources required to hold the programming assignment.  However, we have been working on a system to hold regular windows, ideally 3 times a year at scheduled times that we can publish. 

Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

Thats great, so we shouldn't be too far away from the next window.  I'm sure a lot of people will find this information useful.

tom cusack.ax852tom cusack.ax852

Hi @cory,

I'm sitting the essay part of the 501 cert on Friday but don't see to be able to find much information about it.

Do you need to prepare for it? I assume its not multiple choice.

Cheers Tom

Damien_Damien_

Is there any update as to what you need to do to prepare for this essay?  Or is it just basic things that you WILL know if you completed the project?  I have my essay portion tomorrow.

Jim RhodesJim Rhodes
I think you can tell us a lot about this certification. Maybe you will tell me how to cite a dissertation mla (https://dissertationauthors.com/blog/how-to-cite-a-dissertation-in-mla)? I am sure you know something about it.
Jason Lee 172Jason Lee 172
Hi! I am going to write a story about truly facts of our world cultures and, I think, that it could be very informative and interesting for readers. So, guys, if you wish, you can click on this essay writing service (https://essayusa.com) and I am sure that it would be the way to students success!
JaneJLocaneJaneJLocane
Exams have always been a challenge for me. But most of all I was worried about writing voluminous works. Therefore, I decided to turn for help to the business ghostwriting services https://www.bestghostwriters.net/ for writing my term paper and essays. Thanks to the experts, I saved my time. This helped me reduce the load and better absorb the materials.
Charles MorrisonCharles Morrison
Due to the quantity of resources needed to hold the programming assignment, we have not been scheduling the programming assignment and essay during regular times basket random.  However, we have been developing a system to host planned windows on a regular basis—ideally three times a year at predetermined times that we can announce.