function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vjoshivjoshi 

Tabs not visible from a different user

Hi,

I created the sample "Mileage Tracker" application from my account. and then created a new user "Bob Smith" with me as manager. Now, when I log in with the "Bob" account, I am not able to view the Mileage tab that I created with my account. I used Force.com IDE also while developing as instructed in the workbook.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

To ensure the tab settings just login with user.

Go To Setup > Personal Setup > Personal Information > Click on Profile assigned to user (You can edit if you are logged in as system admin, if not then login with system admin and follow the same steps) > Go to tab settings (custom tab settings) > Check if this profile is have desired tab as "default on" , if not then make it as Default On. Now refresh the page and check tab will be visible to that user.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

All Answers

VK86VK86

Hi vjoshi,

Does Bob Smith's profile has access to the new app?

If no, try this.

Thanks,

VK

vjoshivjoshi

I can see the app from Bob's account in the App menu if that is what you mean.

SAPOCSAPOC

Check for Mileage Tab in Bobs profile.it should be Default On.

If Tab is 'Default Off' in the profile you can add the tab by clciking on the + sign at the end of the tabs and Click on Customize my Tabs link on right top corner to add Mileage Tab to the user App.

If Tab is hidden on Bob's profile you cannot see Tab on the Application.

VK86VK86

Yes, check if Mileage tab is set to 'Default On' and the tab is not hidden.

Thanks,

VK

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

To ensure the tab settings just login with user.

Go To Setup > Personal Setup > Personal Information > Click on Profile assigned to user (You can edit if you are logged in as system admin, if not then login with system admin and follow the same steps) > Go to tab settings (custom tab settings) > Check if this profile is have desired tab as "default on" , if not then make it as Default On. Now refresh the page and check tab will be visible to that user.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

This was selected as the best answer