function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abhishek RayAbhishek Ray 

Send email button

Hello,

I want to create a send email button which capture the page from an object - "click 10 point". When an opportuntiy is created, in the opportunity page there is a option for 10 point and when the user clicks it takes some of the field from opportunity into this click 10 point and a different page is displayed with some new fields. Now, I want to capture and send an email for this page using on send button. How to do create that send button?

Please Help

Thanks,
Abhishek

SAPOCSAPOC

You can automate the process by creating workflow with email Alert action.

For this you first need to create html or text email template .You can have the same fields that display on click 10 point page .You can also merge fields from opportunity page.

You can achieve your functionality by adding check box on your page and criteria For workflow  is selected as checkbox_field is checked  and action as New Email Alert.

If you want to have button then you need to write Apex code.

Abhishek RayAbhishek Ray

Thank for your help....

BUt workflow is a concrete email alert. I want to send the opportunity page which has fields like Opportunity name, Click Point Name. This will be flexible i.e. it will depend on user to send email or not to somebody with all fields intact in the email. So, he can click send button to send the page to someone's email id...

VK86VK86

Hello Abhishek Ray,

Here you need a custom VF page which displays the list of fields and based on the selected fields, an email template should be created. Now use this template and redirect to standard send email page of SF. (A drawback with this method is everytime you send an email, a new email template is created).

You can achieve all this by putting good effort on creating VF pages and apex controllers.

Thanks,

VK