function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
L0t3kL0t3k 

Custom Field Not Showing

I've added two custom fields to my leads, call them custom1__c and custom2__c, which are both text fields.

For some reason, when I generate and consume the enterprise api in a project, the lead object shows a property for custom1__c but never custom2__c.

If I look at the wsdl, the custom2__c is listed, but never shows as a property of a lead object.

Any idea why this would happen?

Message Edited by L0t3k on 08-02-2007 03:58 PM

L0t3kL0t3k
I've found that the difference between the two was that one was added to the Lead page layout and the other was not.

When I added the second custom field to the page layout, it became accessible through the API. 

So my question has changed a bit... how do I keep this custom field off the page layout but still access it through the API?

SuperfellSuperfell
For professional edition, API accessibilty is controlled by the page layout because PE doesn't have the FLS feature.
L0t3kL0t3k

So any data accessible through the API must be accessible to the end user?  Or is there some way to hide it from everyone while it's still on the page layout?

SuperfellSuperfell
I don't think you can have it api accessible without it being visible on the page without upgrading to enterprise edition.