function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NilaNila 

Can not update self service user

Hi There,
I am trying to update selfservice user contactID through code its giving me error like "Unable to create/update fields: ContactId. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile"
where can I change contactId security settings?
I tried from security controls -> field security -> contacts object but there is not contactid field for contacts object?
can you please help me?
Thanks,
Nila
SuperfellSuperfell
ContactId on selfServiceUser is not updatable, you can only set it during the creation of the selfServiceUser.
NilaNila
Thanks Simon
I was trying to make self serivce user active but it gives me error that "Cannot update a SelfServiceUser that has an orphaned contact" Any idea how I can resolve this error?
Thanks again
SuperfellSuperfell
I think that means there's another selfServiceUser connected to that contactId, at this point you're not going to be able to resurect that particular SSU record.
NilaNila
Hi Simon,
Situation is I have Accounts record and there is a Self service user associated with this
Now I deleted Accounts record so Self serivce user became Inactive because of Account deletion
Now I again created same Accounts record and try to activate self service user through code and in code it gives me error when try to activare self service user "Cannot update a SelfServiceUser that has an orphaned contact" I can activate user by logging in to salesforce but not through code (Currently using .net for this)

Thanks again