function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SiddharthSiddharth 

Out bound returns Salesforce 8.0 URL

Hi Community,

I am unable to select ParentId from case using outbound message. In Notification function i am getting 8.0 Server URL which through following exception while executing outbound message: -
"INVALID_FIELD: No such column 'ParentId' on entity 'Case'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '_"

Thanks! I would appreciate any solution or suggestions.

DevAngelDevAngel
Hi Siddarth,

Need some more information.  As far as I can see, in creating the outbound message, parentId is not an available field on the Case object.  Is this field being used in the rule that triggers the message or in the outbound message itself?
SiddharthSiddharth
Hello Dave,

I have included the sessionid while creating the outbound and I'm passing just the caseid, once the outbound triggers it calls the web service where I'm extracting the sessionID and ServerURL. Using these two paramateres i am using salesforce API and executing a select statement on cases as

select Id,CustomeField1,CustomField2 from case where parentid = null and status <> 'Complete' and Id = Id (passed from outbound message.)

The reason for doing this activity is to check that if the parent id is missing then that case is a master record and on the basis of above result we will pick all those cases in which parentid = [Id of the above select statement]

Thanks
Sidd.
SuperfellSuperfell
Yes, in order to not introduce compatibility problems, the OM system is not automatically rolled forward to the latest API on each release. At some point in the future you'll be able to select a specific API version when configuring the OM setup.

If you want to use a different API version for the calls back into Salesforce from your listener, then you should just use the host part of the passed serverUrl, and use the path from which ever API version/WSDL you want to use.